Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sippy Cup Attack!

All airports beware! Tots & moms are attacking our nation's airports with sippy cup spills! There's water on the floor everywhere! Terrorists have infiltrated the Secret Service, and are creating secret baby sleeper cells by impregnating their mothers, and causing them to crazily spill water on the floor in defiance of our anti-terrorism laws!

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - The U.S. Transportation Security Administration is taking the unusual step of posting security camera footage on its website.

It comes as the administration denies allegations an airport screener seized a toddler's cup and mistreated his mother.

At issue is whether Monica Emmerson, a former Secret Service officer, was improperly detained June 11 after she spilled water out of her child's cup at Washington's Reagan National Airport.

Myth! cries the TSA. Here are the videos for you to view for yourself. Let me know... dial up precludes me from seeing them in this lifetime.

Now, I'm not dissing the TSA completely. The mom was probably pissed - after all, she was travelling with a toddler. That's enough to make anyone a bit nutso. I wouldn't vouch for the rationality of any mother in that situation.

But come on.

We let TB patients with big red warning screens that say to isolate & detain ("but he didn't look sick!") through our borders, but we don't let moms with crying toddlers and sippy cups of water through security checkpoints?

Have we become a nation of idiots who don't know when and how to use common sense?

I am the face of TSA.

I use innovation, my experience, and state-of-the-art technology to protect the traveling public.

I respect the individual needs of each traveler, carrying out my duties with dignity, courtesy and integrity.

I am intensely committed to ensuring fair treatment in the screening process.

I am the frontline of defense, drawing on my imagination to creatively protect America from harm.

I am a Transportation Security Officer.

*Image and credo from the TSA website.